Unfortunately, a significant amount of payroll fraud can be enabled by to poor quality or badly implemented processes and tools. The good news is that you can avoid most of the common payroll fraud opportunities with some review and tightening of your payroll management.
Eight actions to secure your payroll system
- Strictly control access to business systems and information.
- Restrict staff’s ability to make payroll changes in the self-service system inside work hours.
- Add Multiple Factor Authentication (MFA) to your employee self-service system.
- Regularly review creditors’ codes and inactivate those not recently used.
- Requests for new codes should come from authorised delegates only.
- Automate workflow to route and assign activity to authorised personnel.
- Implement a review process for system access, roles and responsibilities.
- Remove ex-employees from database on the day of separation.
Download the FREE checklist – Eight Actions to Secure Your Payroll System
Don’t forget to watch the video presentation from Jacqui Birch, Aurion BPOS payroll expert, on how system administrators can help prevent payroll fraud.
Download the Aurion Guide to Fraud-Proof Payroll
Is your payroll secure – or are you losing money or business-critical data without even knowing it? The Aurion Guide to Fraud-Proof Payroll will help you identify various types of payroll fraud and provide strategies to prevent payroll fraud from impacting your business.
We help you to:
- Identify common types of payroll fraud
Learn simple payroll fraud prevention techniques
Build strategies to fraud-proof your payroll service
About the Author
Nick researches and writes quality content that educates our community about current and emerging Payroll & HR trends. This requires building solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders to understand issues, products, and the wider Payroll & HR landscape.